This appendix presents the software and hardware architectures for the satellite Commanding application. The contents of this appendix are as follows:
* assumptions upon which the Commanding architecture was developed
* a set of DFDs indicating the functional breakdown of Commanding, data flows into and out of Commanding, and data flows between functions within Commanding
* a CFD indicating temporal dependencies of Commanding functions
* requirements analysis and benchmarking to determine computational loads
* Commanding Contact hardware architecture
* Commanding Contact software architecture
This architecture assumes a fairly comprehensive satellite commanding capability. The focus of this appendix is to present the detailed Commanding architecture design, and key functionality driving the design. A conservative analysis of bandwidth and processor requirements is outlined. Data flows provide a logical breakdown of functionality, which was applied in developing of the architecture options for Commanding , as well as other functional areas.