This represents the degree to which software tools are used in developing
the software product.
- Very Low: Basic tools, e.g. assembler, linker,
monitor, debug aids.
- Low: Beginning use of more productive tools,
e.g. High-Order Language compiler, macro assembler, source editor, basic
library aids, database aids.
- Nominal: Some use tools such as real-time operating
systems, database management system, interactive debuggers, interactive
- High: General use of tools such as virtual operating
systems, database design aids, program design language, performance
measurement and analysis aids, and program flow and test analyzer.
- Very High: General user of advanced tools such as
full programming support library with configuration management aids,
integrated documentation system, project control system, extended design
tools, automated verification system.
- Extra High: No rating - defaults to Very High.