Jo Ann Lane recently completed her PhD in the area of system of systems (SoS) engineering and cost modeling. As a PhD candidate, she was awarded the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Foundation/Stevens Doctoral Award for promising research in Systems Engineering and Integration. She is currently a principal at the DoD-Stevens-USC Systems Engineering Research Center, conducting research in the area of systems engineering and system of systems engineering. In this capacity, she is working on SoS engineering cost models, SoS engineering process models, analysis of SoSE with respect to lean principles, SoS test and evaluation, and innovation in systems engineering. She has published over 20 papers in the systems of systems area, several of which are widely referenced in the systems of systems literature. She is currently a member of the INCOSE and IEEE professional organizations. Prior to her current work, she was a key technical member of Science Applications International Corporation’s Software and Systems Integration Group for over 20 years, responsible for the development and integration of software-intensive systems and systems of systems.
Recent Journal Publications:
- J. Lane and B. Boehm (2008); System of Systems Lead System Integrators: Where do They Spend Their Time and What Makes Them More or Less Efficient, Systems Engineering Journal, Vol. 11, No. 1. (pdf)
- J. Dahmann, G. Rebovich, and J. Lane (2008); Systems Engineering for Capabilities, CrossTalk Journal, Vol. 21, No. 11, pp. 4-9. (pdf)
- B. Boehm and J. Lane (2007); Using the Incremental Commitment Model to Integrate System Acquisition, Systems Engineering, and Software Engineering, CrossTalk Journal, Vol. 20, No. 10. (pdf)
- J. Lane and B. Boehm (2007); System of Systems Cost Estimation: Analysis of Lead System Integrator Engineering Activities, Information Resources Management Journal, Vol. 20, No. 2. (pdf)
- J. Lane and R. Valerdi (2007); Synthesizing System-of-Systems Concepts for Use in Cost Estimation, Systems Engineering Journal, Vol. 10, No. 4. (pdf)