Call for Participation
Sponsoring & Cooperating Organizations
Past Proceedings & Tutorials
We are no longer accepting Call for Participation submissions.
GSAW 2013 Call for Participation
Select to download Call for Participation flyer .
|Submission Guidelines for the General Workshop
The Ground System Architectures Workshop (GSAW), in its 17th year, provides a forum for the world’s space-related ground system experts to collaborate with other ground system users, developers, and researchers through tutorials, presentations, working groups, and panel discussions on issues and solutions.
In today’s difficult economy, stakeholders are discovering innovative ways to get the most out of their ground systems. GSAW is looking for presentations covering all aspects of spacecraft ground systems, with a special focus on the challenges and opportunities related to working in this environment. Sessions will address a wide range of leading-edge practices and research in:
• Net-centricity and service-oriented architectures
• Architecture modeling and evaluation
• Space-ground communications
• Enterprise management and architectures
• Cybersecurity, information assurance, and situational awareness
• Virtualization and cloud computing
• System-of-systems integration
• Cross-mission information sharing
• Autonomy and automation
• Human factors, work load, and effectiveness
• Mission assurance and risk management
• Cost, schedule, and governance
• Off-the-shelf, open-source, and reusable components
• Rapid system development
• Compatibility and standards
• Operations, sustainment, and multi-mission support
Send unclassifed submissions and inquiries to email@example.com or call 310-336-0454.
Send classified submissions and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 891-2321.
Presentations will be 15 minutes in length. Submit an abstract describing the results of your work, work in progress, or case studies relevant to one or more of the workshop’s focus issues. The GSAW committee will present an award for the best presentation.
Working groups are collaborative discussions, four hours in length. Submit a
proposal for a working group related to any of the focus issues of the workshop.
We are seeking proposals for full- and half-day tutorials to be held on March 18,
the day before the regular workshop program begins.
Unclassified Session Information
The general workshop will be held at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Los Angeles and will include international attendees. Plenary presentations and working group summaries will be made available on the website.
Classified Session Information
A classified session will be hosted on March 21 at The Aerospace Corporation. Presentations up to the TS/SI/TK/NOFORN classification level will be accepted. All attendees will be required to have a TS/SCI clearance.
• Abstracts/proposals due: Oct. 22, 2012
• Notification of acceptance: Nov. 19, 2012
• Accepted presentations due: Feb. 1, 2013
Presenters are responsible for ensuring that all submissions are cleared for presentation to their respective audiences. This workshop will be conducted in English.